The Cambridge Licensee Advisory Board (CLAB) is seeking applications for 2017 Taste of Cambridge Beneficiaries.
We greatly appreciate the tremendous interest in our event and our beneficiary programs. Our goal is to further support the CLAB Mission with the Taste of Cambridge and other events. The 2016 online application is on this page, scroll down to see. If you would prefer to print out form click here for pdf or here for word.doc
To promote the safe service, consumption, and sale of alcohol. To provide support to Cambridge organizations that focus on alcohol and related substance abuse issues.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicants MUST be Cambridge based non-profit organizations or public entities with 501(C) 3 or 501 (C) 6 Status. This is a MUST, please ensure that you are a non-profit or have a non-profit fiscal agent before applying!
- Cambridge non-profits, health/human service agencies and school-based programs are encouraged to apply providing that you have projects or services that directly:
- promote the safe service, consumption, and sale of alcohol
- provide support to Cambridge organizations that focus on alcohol and substance abuse issues
- Past beneficiaries of the largest grant must wait four years to be eligible for the largest amount – however, they can reapply for smaller amounts for new programs. Other past recipients of other amounts may submit applications for entirely new projects, programs, or activities aligned with CLAB Mission.
What Projects/Program, Activities Can Be Funded?
- Projects, activities, and programs that reflect the CLAB Mission are eligible to receive funding.
- Projects, activities, and programs providing direct benefits and services to the Cambridge community.
Responsibilities of Applicant:
- Must submit timely application and one letter of support for program.
- Applicant must be able to attend a planning meeting, the TOC Event, and follow-up activities.
- Applicant must be able to promote sale of TOC tickets to their Board, Staff, and Supporters.
- Applicant must use TOC logo’s on promotional materials and provide TOC with logo for promotional purposes.
- Applicant must be able to provide 10 – 20 volunteers to help at the event.
Contact for questions or clarification on grant application:
Please e-mail Executive Director, Juliana Lyman at email@example.com or call her at 617-312-0278
- Application Submission Deadline: Monday May 15, 2017 5:00 PM
- Panel Review: Wednesday Wednesday May 17, 2017
- Applicant Notification: Friday, May 19, 2017 by 5:00 PM
- 2016 EVENT DATE:
- The 14th Annual Taste of Cambridge has a tentative date of Tuesday July 11, 2017 (Rain date, Thursday, July 13, 2017).
C.L.A.B mission and Taste of Cambridge history:
The Cambridge Licensee Advisory Board is a 501 (C) 3 and a membership-based charitable organization. The Board of Directors are elected annually from within the membership base of volunteers comprised of restaurateurs, package store operators, Cambridge city officials, University representatives, and neighborhood business association representatives.
CLAB has sponsored and produced the Taste of Cambridge since 2002. Each year, thousands of people purchase tickets to sample and enjoy the delicious, diverse, and award-winning cuisine that has made Cambridge one of the most famous dining destinations on the East Coast!
Students, families, university employees, corporate executives, residents and tourists, come from near and far to sample abundant culinary delights from over 100 local restaurants, food purveyors, breweries, and wine distributors. The Taste of Cambridge also features live local music, entertainment, and an opportunity to meet the non-profits who directly benefit from this exciting event.
Each year CLAB selects 1 or more Cambridge beneficiaries who receive the majority of the proceeds from the TOC. All of the participating restaurants and sponsors donate food and drinks and TIME to support the beneficiaries selected. Awards ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 have been given in past years to many Cambridge non-profits.
Applications must include complete online application and at lease one attached letter of support
Grant recipients will be awarded project funds in September 2017.
- Recipients are responsible for providing a short update at a meeting in September and a final written report, including a description of the project and a short personal story that demonstrates the project’s impact, at the end of the project year.
- All grantees will be required to present a verbal report to the CLAB at the end of the grant year.
- Failure to meet accountability requirements will result in the loss of project funding and jeopardize future funding opportunities.
- If you encounter challenges while implementing your project, we encourage you to share them with the C.L.A.B.
The deadline for receipt of proposals is Monday May 15, 2017 5:00 PM
Award recipients will be notified on Friday, May 19, 2017 by 5:00 PM